How to protect truck scales from lightning strikes?
Author:jinmai Time:2017-04-14 09:45:19
Protecting your truck scale from lightning is critical to prolonging its lifespan and reducing electrical component repairs and replacements.
To protect truck scale/weighbridge from lightning strikes, we usually take following solutions:
- DC transient protection boards in junction boxes
- Copper transient bypass cables for load cells
- DC transient protection in home run cable to the indicator
- Single-point grounding
- Bare ground conductor cable buried in the ground from the scale frame to the AC power ground lug
- Uninterrupted power supply/surge protector in the AC line before reaching the indicator protection warranty